Small Business Server (SBS) 2011
The SBS family provides:
- Operating System Layer, in this case Windows Server 2008 R2 including most of the functionality this OS can provide.
- Integrated collaborative product suite including Exchange 2010, SharePoint, Active Directory Print and Files Services and Fax Services all in one bundle.
- Effortless File and print sharing
- Automated Backup capabilities
- Identity Protection through Active Directory integration
- Remote access for anywhere anytime access to files and applications.
- A Simplified Management wrapper using a pre-configured console for day to day management.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 (SBS 2011) comes in two editions: Standard and Essentials. In addition, the Small Business Server Premium Add-on is available for SQL based line of business (LOB) support, or as an additional member server.
Small Business Server 2011 Standard
Your all-in-one network solution, designed and priced for small businesses with up to 75 users. SBS 2011 Standard delivers enterprise-class server technology in an affordable, all-in-one solution. SBS 2011 Standard helps protect your business information from loss by performing automatic daily backups. Additionally, it allows users to be more productive with features such as e-mail, Internet connectivity, internal websites, remote access, and file and printer sharing.
Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
Get ready for the future and take advantage of the cloud. Ideal as a first server for small businesses with up to 25 users, SBS 2011 Essentials provides a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution to help protect data, organize and access business information from virtually anywhere, support the applications needed to run a business, and quickly connect to online services for e-mail, collaboration and CRM.
Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on
The Windows Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-On gives small businesses a flexible and cost-effective solution for deploying additional servers on a network running Windows SBS 2011. It provides a platform for running line-of-business (LOB) applications that are based on the SQL Server operating system, role-based server deployments (such as additional domain controllers), and virtual servers that run in a Hyper-V environment. It also gives you the flexibility to access a second application platform when you need it, yet requires minimal IT resources. Designed as an add-on component for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials or Standard, Windows Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-On includes Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Technologies and SQL.
Simplify Small Business IT
- Simplified Purchase and Setup. Identify, purchase, install, and manage multiple components and technologies together in an interoperable single-server experience.
- Simplified Management. Reduce administration costs by using an intuitive management interface, one that presents relevant system information and a matching set of tasks.
Increase Business Productivity
- Remote Web Access. Remote Web Access provides a single, simple, consolidated, and highly secure entry point into a small business network. Access files and documents from inside and outside the business through any common web browser.
- Desktop Synergies with Windows 7 and Office 2010. By combining Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 with Windows Small Business Server 2011, you will have the IT foundation you need to be more efficient and effective, to easily collaborate with your peers, to work remotely, and to feel confident that all your critical business data is protected.
- Mobile Device Support. Integrated setup features configure collaboration services so that you can easily add Windows Phone or other Internet-enabled phones.
- Run Business Applications. Supports critical line-of-business applications and runs them on a secure award winning platform.
- Tailored to Online Services(1). Provides a cross-premise solution, allowing small businesses to retain core infrastructure and enables simple, single sign-on experiences with cloud-based services.
Help Protect Business Data
- Simplified Backup for Business Data. Businesses can easily backup server and client data to external and/or internal hard drives.
- Network-wide Protection. Complete, network-wide security with integrated state of the art protection technologies.
- Client Protection. Monitors client computers for antivirus status, update compliance, and overall security health.
- Full Client Backup(1). Performs a daily, automatic, backup of every computer on a network and the server itself.
Greater Business Insight
- Information Organization. Streamline document access and control information sharing using a centralized data repository that can be accessed from any computer on the network.
- Enhanced Support and experience for Line-of-Business with Premium Add On Applications. Run a vast number of line-of-business applications on a second server, and enjoy a powerful data management and analysis.